You are here
From Transact to Transform: Seizing the Opportunity of an RFID Implementation
The ALA Libraries Transform campaign communicates that libraries are more than places where circulation transactions take place, libraries can be transformative. And technologies like RFID, automated materials handling and self-service technologies are the tools that increase opportunities for libraries to provide enriching experiences to their communities.
Although RFID projects involve technical hurdles, they can be a fantastic opportunity to transform library services! If libraries only install the technology without changing how they use staff, they miss the chance to change the dynamics of patron-staff interaction.
In this webinar, you will learn how to leverage an RFID initiative to:
- Fulfill your strategic goals
- Maximize transformational interactions with staff
- Build awareness of all library services
- Keep library staff in the foreground of library service
- Free up staff to do new things
- Properly adjust library spaces